Today’s blog is from the perspective of my dog. When I was a young boy, I really really loved Snoopy. I had the Snoopy doll and about 50 outfits for him. I know. I know. That doesn’t make me sound real manly, but hey, I was 5. I am always saying the things that I think my dog, Stella, is saying. So, I am going to share what I believe that she is thankful for today. So, here’s Stella.
“Oh man. Today is awesome. When I woke up this morning, I was curled in a perfect circle. It was the best circle I have ever made. Then, the people got up and cooked bacon and sweet bread. I love it when they do that because they are so messy. They keep dropping stuff right when I walk by them. It’s so good. My life is great! I made a list of the 10 things that I am most thankful for. They are…
1. Table Scraps – I get to eat them once they hit the floor and get seasoned.
2. My dog buddies – We get to play all the time.
3. My people – I get to make them smile every day.
4. Rope – I just love rope. I get to chew it and pull it and chase it when people throw it.
5. Air, especially when I am in the car – It feels so good on my face.
6. My tail – It gets me attention and I can chase it when my dog friends are busy.
7. Barking – I love the sound of my bark. I use it to protect the house and to tell people how excited I am.
8. Running – I love to run and see how fast I can go.
9. Digging – I get to bury stuff and find stuff and make holes that are awesome.
10. Loving – I get to love my people and my dog buddies. I feel so happy when I get to lay around with my people.
And those are the 10 things I am most thankful for today.”
My dog Stella is a bit crazy. She is always happy and seems to smile when she plays. Just like understanding the perspectives that others have, even with a dog, I believe that joy comes back to the simple things that we get to enjoy. So today, take time to really enjoy the simple things. Enjoy the fact that you have friends and family and air to breathe and games to play. Enjoy walking, or running, and breathing and smiling. Enjoy the day and be thankful, just like Stella!
To Your Success,
Jody N Holland
Jody is a writer, motivational speaker, consultant, and entrepreneur. He has been the keynote speaker at over 250 events around the world. Jody speaks more than 150 times per year at different programs, and he has given more than 10,000 speeches during his career.