Upcoming Lunch 'N Learn - August 31, 2016 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM (Lunch Included at Hoffbrau Steakhouse)
If you have ever wanted to learn how to read anyone in 10 seconds or less, this is the program for you! By learning the critical aspects of a person's face, you will be prepared to adapt your style to fit the other person's needs. This is amazingly beneficial for customer service, sales, leadership, or just to enhance your relationships. You will learn who your coworkers, supervisors, employees, kids, or even your spouse really are in this program! Sign up to the left! It is ONLY $25 per person, which includes lunch at Hoffbrau Steakhouse.
Date: August 31, 2016
Register: On The Left at "Sign Me Up"
Time: 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Subject: How To Read And Understand Anyone In 10 Seconds Or Less By The 5 Key Components Of The Face
Cost: $25 Per Person, which includes lunch
Total Seats: Only 50 Total Spots Available (first pay gets the spots)
Who is Jody Holland?
I am a motivational, educational, and entertaining speaker. I work with associations and organizations around the world to create momentum with their teams. Whether you are needing a program on how to connect at a more authentic level with each other, or a program on how to influence future prospects to be raving fan customers, or a program on how to be a transformational leader, I am here to inspire. I have delivered more than 250 keynote addresses, trained over 200,000 leaders, written 15 books, and worked with CEO's to inspire greatness in their teams. I am ready to help you as well!
- Becoming A Person of Influence - "Leadership is Influence" --John Maxwell. The simple truth about being a dynamic leader is that you are measured based on how influential you are among your followers. The keys to becoming effective in leadership are... Understand the psychological principles of persuasion; understand the principles of connection; understand why people do what they do (behavioral mapping); and understand the specific tactics of generating an emotional desire to follow. As you become a person of influence, you expand your ability to impact the beliefs, thoughts, and actions of your people.
- Authentic Communication - The bedrock of being a great leader is the ability to connect with our teams, inspire them to move forward, and get them to buy in to our vision. This only happens when a leader learns to be truly authentic. Authentic communication is about understanding the psychological structure of that leadership connection and being able to create a following as a result of the connection. The way that we listen, interpret, send messages, and interact at an interpersonal level has a tremendous impact on who we are as leaders.
- Leadership Styles – Each of brings our own “style” of leadership to the table. Understanding our style, what it means, and how it affects others will give us the foundation necessary to learn to read people, adapt to their needs, and manage our style. There are very distinct style categories that we fit into. These style categories have consistent behavior sets with them. Therefore, once we understand what category style we belong to, we can better manage the results we get from others.
- Strategic Thinking - A person’s thoughts lead to their decisions, which lead to their behaviors, which lead to their results. That means that if we can purposefully control how we think, then we will ultimately control how we succeed. In business and in life, strategic thought processes change our outcomes. As we develop our skills in broadening our thinking, we will begin to view the world differently. We will develop the ability to dig deeper and better evaluate all of the possible angles for both problems and opportunities. No challenge is overcome without strategic thought and action.
- Leading with Clarity Rather than Certainty – There are hosts of leaders in this world that are absolutely certain about being right, about the direction they are going, about who they are to the world. There are very few, however, that are truly clear on the right direction. Developing clarity in business enables a leader to make the right decisions for the right reasons. Only having certainty will cloud the judgment of a leader, often keeping them on the wrong path. As our businesses are developed, it is critical to be clear on what is best for all stakeholders.
- Employee Engagement – Approximately half of our workforce is actively disengaged. This means that they are not satisfied, motivated, or committed, and they are certainly not an advocate for our organization. This course establishes the stages that employees must go through and how to transition them through those stages into an engaged and accountable workforce. You will learn what engagement is, what managers and leaders do to create it and what they often do to destroy it. You will also learn how to maintain an engaged workforce once you get them there.
- Transformational Leadership – Creating lasting change within organizations is about transformation of people, attitudes, and culture. From understanding who you are as a leader, to recognizing your style, to thinking the right way, to engaging your teams, you have to be able to change the hearts and minds of the people you lead. This course walks you through the transformation process and how to build a better organization, that will produce significantly better results than you could have ever thought possible.
In life there are choices.
Each of us is given the choice to be whoever we choose to be. We can bless others or simply wait around and hope that someone blesses us. We can see the good in the world or we can see the bad. We can see success and prosperity or we can see failure. The simple truth of life, the truth that begins in our beliefs and thoughts, is that what we focus on expands. Choose what you will focus on today. Will you focus on the truth that you were created for greatness? Or, will you focus on the illusion of the ego, that you were designed for suffering and pain. I choose truth!